Wednesday, January 10, 2018

NURTURE OR NATURE OR BOTH?

I've been a bit overwhelmed in decision making regarding what to comment on after such an eventful couple of days.  Nurture or Nature / both?

Weather has thrown us a a 30 degree temperature difference and as we gladly left the negatives, I took back out my fall jacket. Today will be in the 40's until tomorrow when winds will blow in nasty rain/ freezing precipitation leaving icy road conditions with some snow coverage. 

Winter brings hardship for both large and small beings. Look who I found enjoying the suet meant for the birds. Both Natureman and Romeo had had a face off with this guy. Romeo's sight and hearing are less than stellar but he did pick up this guy's scent and had a nice barking session.  Of course Mr Possum didn't move and stayed most of the evening polishing off the large piece of suet. 


Speaking of chowing down, we also have a smaller guest working on something between the kitchen cupboards. He's a very noisy eater but I finally caught sight of the little fella scurrying around last night. I will have to set a trap as I don't need any wires being chewed.


There's never good timing for a snow storm but my Jazzercise class is in charge providing dinner for the homeless/needy on Thursday.  So, just in case those roads dictate otherwise I opted to make the vegetable soup a day early and bring it in town today. 


At a time when too many are hungry much less being able to afford going to the movies/cable /internet, the 75th Golden Globe Award participants  showed their support for many of today's societal issues.  It was truly heartwarming and we'll just have to see if one particular person is hungry enough to run for President...  





No comments:

Post a Comment