Friday, October 20, 2017

FOTO FRIDAY: STRAW HATS EVERYWHERE

This FOTO FRIDAY will always serve as the photos that didn't get taken because I wouldn't have the 2 photos below had I looked left instead of right on this week's fall ride. Over to my right side before the tight curve Natureman was concentrating on the road when I shrieked,  "Did you see that?" "What ?" "There were hundreds of straw hats." Natureman turned the car around and there  a small inconspicuous sign was sitting on the small drive's corner which read Vegetable Auction today. 

We pulled in and there on the building's pavement were people's purchases grouped together with boxes and boxes of beautiful vegetables.  


On the crowded grounds four different auctioneers were sitting up in their little offices on truck beds calling for the various used farm implements for sale surrounded by Amish men of all ages. Not a woman in the crowd. A sea of straw hats, white/blue shirts, black pants and jackets but I had to restrain myself from taking photos as photography is considered a no no in their community. 

P.S. Natureman later told me women were selling food inside the building but this was obviously a man's world. Talk about being a minority in more ways than one.

Have you ever been somewhere where you couldn't take photos? Did you sneak one? 

Did you see last week's Halloween Happiness ? I have added the latest addition of Chad's Coon Valley Hay Bale creation. Take a look. I'm still awaiting photos from you of some great Halloween decorations you've seen/created. 



No comments:

Post a Comment