Thursday, October 9, 2014

Gone Girl... Gone Guy

Some days the unexpected awaits... After a $5 Tuesday afternoon with popcorn at the movies viewing a well executed version of the book "Gone Girl," both Natureman and I left the theater a bit unsettled... If you've read the book/ seen the movie, you'll under-stand.

The protagonist's worry was what his partner is really feeling/thinking? Do any of us know what the other person is thinking.  I can remember on numerous occasions daydreaming/ having a conversation to myself and Natureman confronting me, wanting to know my innermost thoughts. ( I do have a tendency to move my hands as I go through internal dialogue, a dead giveaway.) Anyhow, I continuously reiterate, they are my thoughts. 

As I drove out of the End of the Rainbow Valley the next morning and stopped before turning onto the highway, there about 200 ft away was a non-moving blob encircled by 2 hovering spectators who eventually landed. And they weren't drones, ok?   



No, wait 3 larger bodies... and eventually a fourth.
 (The darker one is an immature.) 


Until I approached cautiously. What were they thinking? All took off except one.   I definitely got the evil eye, I mean eagle eye. 





The Blood Moon, one could assume, had claimed another victim and the remaining eagle wasn't leaving breakfast.



This was real fresh ( poor raccoon) and if the others decided not to stick around, more for this guy.

There was no doubt that the look I got meant business. I didn't need to guess/ think twice about his intentions. This roadkill prize was his and nothing was going to deter his progress devouring the innards.


Eventually, the male spreading his ginormous wings flew off...


        "Gone Guy."

One day 'Gone Girl,' 
the next - Gone Guy. 
Never a dull moment...  


4 comments:

  1. Karen, What an incredible sight - thank you for capturing it for us!
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am usually so en'raptured' I can make it a Kodak moment but to see four was truly incredulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the book, haven't seen the movie yet. I loved the acknowledgements in her book to her husband who she states knows her mind and is still willing to lay next to her and close his eyes to sleep.
    Great photos - very fortunate to catch such images.

    ReplyDelete