Tuesday, September 25, 2012

HARVESTFEST


Harvestfest, a neighborhood street fair in Arkansas is definitely not a whole lot different than one in the country in Wisconsin. Temps might be the biggest difference. I melted as I strolled from booth to booth grabbing some shade at the dog show and the music stage on both ends of Hillcrest's Harvestfest.
There are similarities in the fests such as people bringing their pets. Now granted there was a pet competition. But it was too dang HOT to subject the pooches to being dressed up and having to endure the multitude of people.

I guess this particular fest has been growing since its inception 6 years ago as more vendors have joined the happening and it's another excuse for the neighborhood to get together.
Activities include face painting for the kiddies, a cheese dip contest which for $2 you can taste test and vote for all the entries AND you can even bring your paper to be shredded and recycled. I was asked if I wanted my blood pressure taken. That was a big 'NO' since it wouldn't have been such a good idea since I had just left my parents after apparently upsetting them. OOPS.

People watching's by far the best activity. There were some real interesting outfits.


It's the weirdest thing that the result of all this de-cluttering at my folks has left me with absolutely no desire to shop. Shockeroo.

OK,I did find one little thing for my friends Chris and Jim for their Halloween collection. My big purchase of the DAY... Now how cute is this bottle stopper ?

THANK goodness for the directional signs...although it would have been nice if they had included where I had parked. Well it wasn't such an enormous area to find the side alley I had walked from my parking space. I had just enough energy to walk the couple of blocks back and continue with a few more errands before collapsing...

No comments:

Post a Comment