Friday, July 13, 2012

Surprises are always welcome... as long as they are good ones.

Some days are super full days and filled with surprises and yesterday was one of those. Part of it was in preparation for more Southern food so I attended not one but 2 Jazzercise classes! If I told you that I am feeling muscles that I forget I had, I think that you'd believe me.

Lunch was something that I really can't get where I live which was a Chick-fil- a sandwich. I know it was a political incorrect move on my part (anti gay corporation) and I could blame my brother for going there but there is something about that fried chicken sandwich on the buttered bun with pickle that no other establishment can replicate. AND I even had their salty waffle fries. I don't ever order fries these days. It's something about the South and fried food.

It was a girls's night so for dinner we, niece Becky, her cousin Elizabeth, and my sister-in-law Terri all went to a new place called Homers.
My sister-in-law had spied their chicken and dumplings on her last visit and knew that Thursdays were chicken and dumpling night so of course we went to partake...sides of fried okra (I told you) buttered squash and sweet cornbread.

We had to hightail it out of there-
in order to make it to the library music evening which was billed as "jazz and blues" only to discover that the group was country with a very talented lead singer and songwriters but not what we were expecting. They play their own music and one song was named 'Pappa' about her Granddaddy as she explained. :)

The country music wasn't the only surprise of the evening as look who else was in the library. You just never know who you are going to run into when you are out and about.

It was another special day in what is called the 'Land of Opportunity,' Arkansas. And to top it all off we had a killer sunset - Home sweet home.



No comments:

Post a Comment