Monday, May 18, 2015

Scrap/Stick/Stamp It

Area scrapbookers were saddened when American Scrapbook, the last of this type of specialty store in the coulee region closed its door last month. You see its owner, Wendy, had provided its clientele not only with the hobby's supplies but also classes where new techniques were taught, projects worked on and most important of all, bonds formed between the participants.  


New mom Katey took it upon herself to find a venue, actually the activity room of a Senior home where she had interned and also set up a Facebook page to link likeminded area scrapbookers.  I might have to travel a bit to share a hobby with others but it makes the endeavor all the more enjoyable. 

This past Saturday I hopped in the car to join 8 others to crop together. The Potluck Crop was the second in this locale and lasted from10am to 10pm. I wasn't able to stay the entire time but that's the beauty of a drop-in to come when it's convenient. Most of the participants stayed the majority of the day. 

We each had our own banquet table to work on as we cut, glued, pasted and colored...

Of course there were munchies as we all brought food to share...   dips, chips, cheese, homemade salami in addition to the large array of desserts.




For dinner we had a great  taco bar with all the fixings, Spanish rice and those desserts.


Some of the gals belong to a card club where they create a card and duplicate it as many times as members in their club. In appreciation of being able to use this space we also donate cards to the Senior Home for their residents to use.

Look at the some of the cards created at the May 16th crop.



Although I've been adding to my scrapbooking accouterments, I don't even come close to the collections of these serious scrapbookers. They were speaking a different language with all their tools but were kind enough to translate for me.

This alcohol marker color selection was indeed impressive.  Don't these colors look good enough to eat? These markers were used on the cupcake and ice-cream card sets.


Get a load of this serious tape applicator.  And at least half the gals had these... I might just have to succumb and purchase one for myself on line.

The camaraderie was great as well as accomplishing some 30 scrapbook pages and I am looking forward to more get togethers whenever we have the chance to scrap/stamp/stick it. It's always more fun being around others... 

Kudos to Katey for organizing these get togethers and best wishes to her and her family for her husband's speedy recovery for the upcoming brain surgery to have that lemon size growth removed. Thank goodness it's benign. We are all here for you. I have a feeling you are also going to be receiving some pretty incredible cards. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were a scrapper. I knew you were "scrappy", but a scrapper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say I was a "closet" scrapper but Natureman experiences the space this hobby can take up.

      Delete