Monday, October 27, 2014

Raining Cats & Dogs...

You know pets really play a large role in one's lives. This pet presence couldn't have been any more poignant than my visit to friends and family's homes this past week. EVERYwhere I went there were cats and dogs.

The Gray's
    
The Alman's


 And the Velasquez home's menagerie... 
 It made me also think it'd be so nice if my folks had a pet again to keep them company since they really won't be traveling... It 'd be nice to have a smaller lap dog type.  My Dad does love taking walks,    
Fritz at the Cohen-Sherman's



BUT and that's a big but, perhaps with my Mom's limited sight, life might be a bit dangerous with a dog underfoot.


Maybe a 220 pound guy like the one below's presence might be easier to detect.



Then again, he might eat them out of house and home. His owner said she spends about $200/mo in dog food but I think she'd agree he's definitely worth his weight in gold.


My folks certainly have enough to adjust to and perhaps their pet owning days are past.


1 comment:

  1. That's a hard call. I'm sure a dog would be welcome company but may be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete