Tuesday, October 21, 2014

As if Once Was Not Enough...

I went back for seconds... to carve pumpkins at Norskedalen that is...  After having to depart midday the previous day, I knew if I could, I needed to go back as many pumpkins still were awaiting jack o'lantern status.



It was a nice sight to be welcomed with all the completed jack o'lanterns filling tables and one corner of the pavilion floor with some very unique expressions. Doesn't this look like a happy crew?




       


 There were some nice guys and some not so nice guys...
                       
You've heard about biting someone's head off...


Nicole, who spearheaded the event, had taken over the drill and was feverishly cutting the lids and loosening the guts of some 50 remaining pumpkins. 

As I mentioned yesterday the drill was ingenious as a huge energy and timesaver. So I know you know what a 'saw' bit looks like (for removing the lids) but here's what the paint stirrer bit looks like for the innards. 


without goop
To wrench one's guts out... (Paint stirrer)








Even if you don't have 400 pumpkins to gut, it's worth it's weight in gold. I was able to complete carving five pumpkins  in my 90 minute shift versus 3 yesterday with an extra half an hour.  

Knowing that a group was arriving in the evening to finish the last 40 jack o'lanterns made me feel that the task would be completed and ready for "Ghoulies in the Coulees" this week. 



It should be a really fun time and who knows if you go, you just may see one of my creations. 

 Have a Terrific Time in the Coulee!

Be sure and make reservations for the Pumpkin walk and Haunted Hikes. They fill up, so call!

To contact Norskedalen:
 Phone: 608.452.3424



1 comment:

  1. What fun! And the use of power tools is ingenious! So much less blood from cut fingers trying to puncture through that tough shell.

    ReplyDelete