Thursday, October 10, 2013

No Lion/ Lying...

No Lion... Natureman outdid himself as he went out looking for a Puffball for dinner like the one we saw in Como Park's Conservatory this weekend. It didn't take him long until he returned


 not with a Puff Ball but something he called Shaggy Mane which he said would be delicious... I was leery.



Upon further investigation and Googling and a pic that looked like it, I had to admit he was right.

 It is actually called  'Lion's Mane. '

Not this one from Seattle's Woodland Zoo but



it is edible and used frequently in oriental cooking.

See, I knew someone once who became violently ill after eating a poisonous mushroom and I had no desire to end up in the hospital. I also knew I needed to be on the road the next day and didn't want stomach issues.

After much insistence I did try it after it had been sauteed and cooked with onions over garlic butter pasta. It was YUMMY..
AND most important of all, I am still living today to write about it...

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave lion...I mean person. You can take real "pride" in that. Okay, that's it for my lion puns,

    ReplyDelete