Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HOT and bothered...

There’s something very different about our household lately and it’s the fact that Natureman hasn’t been rushing to turn off the AC in the evening to crank open all the windows insisting that the temps are dropping down to 60 overnight. AND do you know why? WELL first we had company… THANK y'all for coming and secondly, 100’s have been predicted for most of the week.

The use of the AC under this roof is a constant battle as soon as temps near the high 80’s. As I was raised in the South and understand heat, humidity and how AC takes care of it. Natureman never had AC in the Valley until I insisted that a new home had to have all the modern technology for our'golden years.' (Silly me for not discussing that there would be days that it would need to be used before the cane.) Natureman will argue with me until the ‘cows come home’ that humidity is good for the house. Can you see me pulling my hair out??? AND besides we don’t have cows.His response is always the same if you're hot, then you can take off some clothing. Hmmm.

And there's always the weatherman predicting rain. IT may be predicted but Honey, it let loose for a total of 6 minutes early yesterday morning and as my dairy farm neighbor stated “ It rained enough to get the dust out of the rain gauge.’

OK that little rain actually made it bearable to water plants and fooled me into taking the Miata to town. (I haven’t been able to drive it for a month due to the bum hand.) I didn’t consider that by my return the intense heat would make give me a headache… but you know that we are all going to be experiencing different kinds of ‘headaches’ as global warming is going to make these extreme weather conditions a normalcy rather than an anomaly. It’s a given that poor harvests will result which will cause commodity prices to rise. You too will feel what's all to obvious even if nobody wants to talk about it.

So from the End of the Rainbow Valley, for right now crank up the music because the AC is working overtime as 'It’s getting hot in here… '

No comments:

Post a Comment