MIDWEEK MUSINGS this week is about gift-giving. Some folks as I have previously discussed are great gift-givers. They know exactly what someone would love. but if you are not one of those, do you wait until you see/ hear about a desire/ is money the answer? It is pretty impersonal. But what they do with it, is up to the receiver.
Have you noticed how newlyweds-to-be sometimes do away with gift registry and just ask for cash/signing up for different parts of their honeymoon? i.e., dinner on the beach, an excursion - ziplining/ whatever. How do you feel about that? I think it's pretty gutsy, but it is what they want. The bottom line is the final decision is yours. as to what you give...
So what's prompting all this is that yesterday I received a call about an offer I had made to gift money for a specific item I saw a need. It would/ could be custom-made. The board discussed it, and decided they were not interested. Not a problem. It's their job to decide.
But what they did need, get ready for this- was a new lectern. I had to stifle my laugh. Oh Lordy, you know that's a very touchy subject here in Arkansas...
"The lectern for Governor Sanders, who served as press secretary for former President Donald Trump and has been widely viewed as a potential candidate to be his running mate, has drawn attention ranging from late night host Jimmy Kimmel to The New York Times.
The blue and wood-paneled lectern was bought last June with a state credit card for $19,029.25 from an events company in Virginia. The Republican Party of Arkansas reimbursed the state for the purchase on Sept. 14, and Sanders’ office has called the use of the state credit card an accounting error. Sanders’ office said it received the lectern in August."
Yeah, I think I'll pass on donating a lectern...
No comments:
Post a Comment