Wednesday, April 3, 2024

MIDWEEK MUSINGS: SHOW ME WHERE YOU ARE BRAVE, SHOW ME WHERE YOU ARE STRONG

My latest drama series binging called Kaleidoscope inspired this Midweek Musing which truly demarcates the void of a partner to share talking about a show you are watching.  You know sometimes a not so great movie/book gives you a lot more to talk about than if you both really liked it. I thought it was entertaining.

Kaleidoscope is a nonlinear heist story with a revenge plan that is eventually explained with 7 Billion dollars at stake which btw mirrors a real-life 70 billion Manhattan brokerage firm heist with a Stage 4 hurricane aiding the thieves' plans. 8 color-coded episodes are shown in a different order to different viewers. How do they do that?

I personally liked the cast with: Giancarlo Esposito, Paz Vega, Rufus Sewell, Tati Gabrielle, Jai Courtney, Rosaline Elbay, Peter Mark Kendall and Niousha Noor, even if some of the schemes were a bit hokey/ more super power'ish techie style with intricate burglar master plans. I enjoyed being challenged to follow the plot and subplots.

You know me and lines so one poignant touching moment with the adult daughter and father reenacting one of those parent-child affirmation lessons saying "show me where you are brave followed by pointing to their head and delivering the next line " show me where you are strong "and putting their hand on their heart. AW. Even if we don't take away anything else, that might be enough for me. 

SO tell me if you saw it, what did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment