Wednesday, February 28, 2024

MIDWEEK MUSINGS::COLD as ICE

You might be thinking Wisconsin is on my mind which it is... But that's not my midweek musings...

I  swear I do want to think the best of these creatures we call human beings but sometimes it's just more difficult than others.  When I got into my son-in-law's truck on an airport run yesterday "Cold as Ice"  was playing. Was he playing a super bad joke on me? Seriously, what timing, but I hadn't told him about my last fraud story ... 

You see while checking my monthly charges to write down my donation list, there in July was a charge I had missed from The Walton Center of Performing Arts. NOT only had I missed seeing it, it was much more than any purchase I have made in a long time. Why didn't the credit card folks see this red flag?  After an hour on the phone with the ticket office in northern Arkansas, I was informed 4 tickets were purchased for the Foreigner concert. Guess who sings You're as Cold as Ice? Bingo. Yep,  Foreigner.


These fraudsters used my phone number with one incorrect number AND a very random bogus email address that should have raised an eyebrow with the credit folks. I sure hope these folks had a good time on my dime. (I am being 'sarcastic') Of course, I called Bank of America and reported my findings there as well and they will review my case...

I have had to change my credit card twice since last summer. The sad part is those autopay charities who waited until this year to process my contributions were denied my donations due to the card changes. I sure hope those concert goers get their comeuppance some day. Did I say that? 

For the heck of it: Here's Foreigner singing COLD as ICE, I will never be able to hear it again without thinking fraud is COLD, as COLD as ICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment