Tuesday, August 29, 2023

MONDAY MUSINGS: CANADIAN STYLE

 Many moons ago Natureman and I went on a cruise.  I know what you're thinking, And you are correct- Natureman was not the cruise type but I thought if one might be comfortable for him it would be visiting Alaska known for its nature filled with mountains, glaciers,  natural waterways, and forests. Number two would be the ship would be filled with Master Gardeners as they were holding their international meeting aboard.

One major glitch existed and that was on the last night of the cruise was the beginning of the holiest of days for the Jewish faith, the day of Repentance, Yom Kippur. There was no way we could not be in services. I got online and found out there was one of Canada's oldest synagogues in Victoria where we would be our last night.  After a couple of emails. I found out we could attend their service. So while the Master Gardeners toured Victoria's Butchart Gardens, we were praying. 

I had always thought one day we should return and see Butchart Gardens.  I now have that opportunity but unfortunately, Natureman is not around to enjoy it with me but I'll enjoy it for the both of us.

I was able to join the Arkansas Master Gardeners on their Garden Tour to Vancouver & Victoria. It is spectacular how big everything grows here with their 70-degree summers. Of course, we did experience an unusual 80-degree day on our arrival to Vancouver but it is so beautiful even with some haze caused by the fires.



We started our visit with a wonderful lunch at the Seasons restaurant in Queen Elizabeth Gardens and toured both the Conservatory and grounds afterwards. Pure candy for this gal.  I can't wait to share all the beautiful sights. Stay tuned...

Queen Elizabeth. Gardens



3 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Stunning sights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m happy for your wonderful continuing adventures. I know it would perfect if Natureman were there with you but, also know, you make new friends wherever you go. Can’t wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete