Wednesday, August 2, 2023

MIDWEEK MUSINGS: CONTINUING THE CELEBRATION


 
This past Sunday brought a late afternoon with no electricity again. It really wouldn't have been a big issue if I had not received a dinner invite to my brother's house for my favorite comfort meal:meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and banana bread. 

The only problem was if one doesn't have electricity, one's electric gate can't open. Oops, design flaw since the car can't take leave either. My niece was kind enough to come pick me up so we all could eat together.  I was so vermisched I left my grandnephew puppy's birthday treat at home but I dropped it off today. It's still his birthday, just like mine!

Monday brought with it an even more memorable day as I received a distressed call from one of my Dad's caretakers. She had tried to reach my brother but couldn't and she was worried about my Dad's health. Bottomline was in a nutshell by the time I arrived, my Dad was fine.  But it was a good scare nonetheless. 

I had some time in the afternoon to recuperate before heading to Petit and Keet's for a birthday drink. I ordered their summer special Peachy Keet and wow its magic made me forget about that harried phone call.

Let's just say there is a reason to only have one of these and yes, I am color-coordinated with my drink.

Their potency made this birthday gal glad to have not driven... and since my buddy in crime and I are neighbors there wasn't a great distance for either of us.


and the celebrating continues...

I 'll submit the pic from tonight's summer dinner a bit later...



No comments:

Post a Comment