Thursday, November 3, 2022

MONDAY MUSINGS MELDING INTO THIS TBT

 TBT: Last weekend was my 50th High School reunion and it was absolutely wonderful visiting with a lot of my classmates. I wish we had had more time...



Where did all those years go?

Heck, where did this last year go?

This blogger has found herself missing sleep and this week's much-anticipated doctor's appointment would provide an opportunity to talk about sleep/ lack of it... a common element in the grieving process.

Now don't get me wrong I have always been an early riser but when one is burning the candle at both ends, something's gotta give... and emotionally I was spent.  My calendar had been a bit more hectic than usual.

So these last 2 nights I headed to bed two nights in a row by 8:30. Both nights I caught up on shuteye. Dear readers, we have to take care of ourselves because if we don't, nobody else will.

I had a little help from the Dream Machine ... a tea blend I bought at the Farmer's Market. Whether it was pure exhaustion/the combo with the tea, I will never know. After 2 cups of a beverage before bedtime, that sleep was not exactly continuous, but I did go back to sleep.

I will be more careful to not allow myself to get so run down. I feel so much more rested this morning...  


 I'm back... Taking care of oneself can never be overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment