Monday, October 18, 2021

MONDAY MUSINGS: MENDING

Monday Musings:Mending

Gardening itself has many healthful benefits and visiting gardens this past week definitely helped me achieve some of these by boosting my mood, reducing stress, fostering human connections and most important of all for me right now healing. 

The Texas Gardens trip was a gift I gave myself as its significance relates to the bible portion " to do best homage to our dead when we live our lives more fully, even in the shadow of our loss.” 

Being with Mother Nature in the variety of landscaped gardens  of trees, plants / flowers and their placement whether it was Asian/ European was undeniably curative.  

Just as those gardens were greatly affected by severe weather last year their damage has been removed and plantings replaced in many of these areas. A parallel to be drawn indeed to many of our lives this past year...

My spirit was not only bolstered but also boostered by the trip's participants who also share the love of gardening and the possibility of new friendships.

 Amending the soil and mending one's soul both take time...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment