Tuesday, September 25, 2018

IT'S LOST AND ...

Among my unusual likes, I really like the challenge of finding items, not the misplaced kind but those accidentally dropped.  I was always the one to find the dropped tack/ contacts (those pre disposable kind). So when friend Cari posted on FaceBook about needing a metal detector to find a missing wedding ring,  I volunteered my services. Besides an extra pair of eyes couldn't hurt.

Coincidentally, one of those children pre holiday/ birthday gifts in our gift drawer was a kid sized metal detector.  Batteries were not included but Walgreen's was in route.  


You also have to understand Cari is one of those people who's always helping others whether it's organizing a blood drive, raising monies for others by walking in fundraisers/ even helping at her town's Chicken-Q. In fact, it was this latter obligation she was doing that day. All she needed to do was give me the parameters of her projects and while she fulfilled her duties at the Chicken Q in the park across the street, I could continue the search... 

Before anything else, I asked if she had double checked her bed linens as her ring could be there. Nope, she was sure she had lost it when she mowed/weeded. So, first I emptied the garbage bin with the pulled weeds just in case that's when her ring fell off.  No luck. The metal detector also didn't pick up anything in her newly mowed lawn. Next area to search were the day lily beds where she had started weeding.

Meanwhile Cari had a farm run with chicken lunches for her hubby and sister and brother-in-law, not far from the park pavilion.  Well, there was enough for me to do in her absence as day lily beds would be easier to search with continued thatching . I had brought gloves with me and that shiny wedding ring would be much more obvious lying amidst the cleared out plants.  The garbage cans filled quickly. 

Cari returned from the farm and joined me outside. She said she had a story for me about her visit to the farm. Apparently she had informed her sister-in-law she couldn't visit long because her friend, yours truly, was back at her house searching for her lost wedding ring.  Her sister-in-law continued on her project working under the kitchen sink and upon completion, kept chatting and finally showed Cari her ring finger hand which had more than one ring on it. She said, "Look what her husband found yesterday outside one of the farm buildings." Lo and behold, there on her finger was Cari's ring. Cari had obviously lost it when she dropped off bottled water the day before.  Oh my! 

She then showed me her hand and there sat her wedding ring, a very loosely fit ring. Her husband, Matt's idea was for Cari to drop it where I was working so I could find it.  Thanks Matt but hey, I was just happy she had her ring back. Cari and I both laughed because not only did she have her ring but also got her flower bed weeded ...  I just love LOST and FOUND happy endings.

Apparently Cari decided to document my efforts and she had taken photos unbeknownst to me! While I'm weeding, she's inside her house taking pictures. Go figure.



No comments:

Post a Comment