Tuesday, February 9, 2016

MARDI GRAS , LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER

My Dad's not one to miss a party so he arrived to Rehab just in time to celebrate Mardi Gras's Fat Tuesday with some Cajun music and King's Cake. Seniors deserve their sweets.  
Brother Marc and my 90 year old Dad

The added Mardi Gras treat wasn't beads. It was seeing an old friend. As I walked toward's my Dad's table there seating next to the aisle where I was walking, was my next door neighbor from growing up. I introduced myself and she said " I remember your name but I don't remember your face."  Well, I had the advantage as I had recently seen her birthday pic on FaceBook no less and she hadn't seen me for almost 50 years. Her daughter and I had gone to high school together. We laughed saying we both looked older. It had been a long time.  Bacchus must have been having a good laugh. Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

Mrs. R. was kind enough to pull down her mask... her chin's not green



1 comment: