Thursday, August 1, 2013

I WILL... ACT


 I will Act on Climate bus...

OK I have to admit that I was a bit surprised when the I WILL ACT bus to promote awareness re: Obama's initiative to limit carbon fuel usage rolled into the La Crosse's new ECO PARK.  Why you may ask...  Because it was this ginormous bus and I don't think it was a hybrid. If you are talking carbon footprint perhaps someone could have chosen a vehicle with a smaller one.

About 50 local residents, a Senator, city council members along with the mayor were present to  applaud the President's efforts to create awareness regarding limiting coal production with the I WILL ACT.   Heck to be honest they should totally stop fossil fuel usage  to make an impact on saving the environment.

The history of this act is that on Feb 2013 in the State of the Union message our Commander in Chief stated "For the sake of our children and our future, we must do more to combat climate change. If Congress won't act soon to protect future generations, I will." So educate the masses.
Mayor of La Crosse
Senator Schilling

Words spoken by the newly elected Mayor, Senator and a 3rd generation dairy farmer spoke of efforts to make our area's environmental impact better. Of course those in attendance reflect the saying 'like preaching to the choir,' people who are already active in the cause.

There were many familiar faces from Citizen Energy Task Force among others...


Just say NO.

People who rode their bicycles over...

Doesn't that guy in the red shirt look familiar? Oh my, it's Natureman from the End of the Rainbow Valley?

And the event organizers were worried that these grey haired ANTI Power Line seniors would create a stir.

Hey they were lucky to have the extra support  to make it look like there was a crowd. I wonder it was planned to not have a question and answer time.

Nobody said it would be just a media event but it did give me the opportunity to let you all know.
AND hey, I was already in town so I didn't add more to the carbon footprint like that huge bus...

Alternative energy sources are the key . I Will Act, how 'bout you?




No comments:

Post a Comment