Monday, August 17, 2015

FOTO FRIDAY: INGENUITY

FOTO FRIDAY: Folk's ingenuity never ceases to amaze me and this week's photo will prove my point. 

This past Tuesday at coffee time after Jazzercise I mentioned the need to head home a bit earlier than usual as Natureman had said the corn needed to be picked. Shucking, de-cobbing, bagging and sealing this year's corn harvest would be our afternoon project. 

It just so happened Tina, the owner of Java Vino, had stopped by our table and heard me. She inquired if I used a bundt pan. A bundt pan? I gave her a perplexed look. Tina replied, "Well yes, you take the pointy end of the cob and place it in the hole of the pan. It not only holds the corn in place making it easier to cut the kernels from the cob but also keeps the corn within the pan." I returned home determined to give it a try. Sho' enough if that trick doesn't work like a charm.  No slipping or sending kernels a flying. 


This de cobbing technique in the bundt pan really works.

Do you have any ingenious food preservation/canning techniques to share that are time savers? Do tell. 

Oh and by the way, although Natureman planted less corn this year we ended up with 19 pint baggies/ in order words 38 servings which should get us through to next year's harvest. Wink, wink.

Did you see last week's FOTO FRIDAY? It was a SPECIAL ANNUAL PHOTO of a special friend.

3 comments:

  1. Shucks why didn't I think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool story. You never know where you get advise. And I like corn, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is clever! Probably the best use for a bundt pan I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete