Friday, August 7, 2015

FOTO FRIDAY: HIGH SCHOOL ANNUAL PHOTOS

FOTO FRIDAY:Yesterday I pulled out my high school annual from my senior year. The year on the Warrior yearbook 1972. I hadn't opened it for 3 years and my 40th class reunion. This time I only wanted to look for my high school friend Fran's photo of her becoming Homecoming Queen. 


The formal studio photo is stunning. Hair perfect, cloaked in the Queen's attire, flawless complexion, beautiful and poised as always yet this time it was the opposite page grabbing my attention.  It was a candid shot of when the Homecoming Queen was announced at the football game. There's Fran with a truly surprised look on her face that she was chosen Queen by her classmates. She was so humble and gracious. 


Remember how we signed our yearbooks? I wanted to share the words Fran wrote in my annual next to that photo.


How could I ever forget Fran? Bright, sweet and nice to everybody. A beautiful soul. Make new friends and keep the old... It wasn't difficult keeping an old friend like Fran. We that knew Fran were truly blessed... May she rest in peace. 

Perhaps you'd like to pay tribute to a special friend. Just send me the pic and some words to accompany it and I will post it here.

Did you check last week's FOTO FRIDAY:FAMILY EXERCISE

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I had already been gone for a year. I did not realize that she was Homecoming Queen. What a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to learn of your loss. My high school annual got destroyed in basement flooding a long time ago, so haven't revisited those days since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I have been trying to locate an annual copy for a friend whose annual was lost in a fire, all to no avail. Alas, I know we just can't replicate the messages we left for each other as our memories fade...

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete