Thursday, September 4, 2014

Natureman Brings Home Dinner/Something's Fishy

While Natureman was busy mowing and weedwhacking today, I did some much needed weeding in the flower garden and took a little siesta afterwards. When I awakened, I discovered little water puddles in the house. What in the world?
The happy fisherman...

Turns out Natureman had visited Coon Creek which borders a corner of our property during my snooze and wanted to show me something.  Looks like our hunter and gatherer caught us a small mouth bass.

I guess it's a no brainer that bass became our dinner entree after he fileted it accompanied by roasted red potatoes, stir fried bok choy with jerusalem artichokes from the garden and a tall glass of cold well water.



Notice his t shirt and catch are coordinated!


Just call us 'locavores' right here in the End of the Rainbow Valley... there are worse things to be called.





2 comments: