Friday, May 30, 2014

FOTO FRIDAY: ANOTHER MOUTH TO FEED

One thing my Mom always taught me was to make more food than you actually needed because you never wanted anyone to go away hungry/an extra guest just might show up at dinner time. That advice usually comes in pretty handy. We have had more than a couple extra mouths to feed lately. Some expected, some not.


This past Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the baby blue birds started hatching. There were five beautiful blue eggs with  unfortunately only 3 babies surviving the hatching process.  But I have a feeling they are eating like there are 5 of them. Mother Bluebird has been extremely busy.

Sometimes our animals eat things they shouldn't eat. Take for example Violeta's cat Ferris. She loves plants and this garlic plant might have not been such a good idea. Mixed reviews on whether garlic is good/not good for pets.



Jama's horse Vegas is also a rascal as he relates this story. "I whipped around, grabbed the trash can and took off. As I was making my way out of the barn I could hear Jama laughing and calling my name. I felt just a little bad so I stopped, put the trash can down and began pulling stuff out of it. 

That was SO much fun! 
As my pal Jama caught up with me, I thought she'd join in but she kept saying my name over and over with this smirk on her face. I decided to drop everything and see if she wanted to run with the trash can too. 
Nope, she didn't run with it. She just picked up all the trash that I'd worked so hard to throw around. Boring. I decided I'd just go back to the stall and munch on some hay."


Cheryl and husband Pete decided to treat us to Rocky's Wednesday hamburger special and of course I had to sample a batter fried cheese curd.  And of course Cheryl had to capture the moment of another mouth to feed... 


Victory having a mid morning snack
Our neighbors welcomed "Victory" to the barn as they now have a foal to add to their miniature horses. Victory was born at 15 lbs.  First time Mommy Silvy seems to know how to feed that extra mouth... 





For this week's FOTO FRIDAY challenge post a pic of any mouth/ food with an explanation. 

If you haven't checked on the additions to last week's challenge, click here:GROUPINGS

1 comment: