Monday, March 31, 2014

Under the Weather

Some relatives reported having serious colds after the wedding and boom on Wednesday night my throat started closing in on me... I awoke Thursday feeling like a truck had run over me. Did anyone get the license plate?  Heck,  is there ever a good time to get a cold, much less a whopper of a cold?

O'Keefe poppies Milwaukee Art in Bloom '09
Milwaukee plans to meet with the accountant, see friends and 'Art in Bloom' at the Museum all would just remain plans. After a night with minmal sleep, I knew there was no way I could make the trek nor did I want to carry my germs to my friends in another city. 
Alas... cancel I did. 

My replacement camera had even arrived in time to make the trip but alas this was not meant to be its trial run. So much for celebrating the arrival of spring where floral arrangements are designed after being paired up with a piece from the museum's permanent collection. It's eye candy at its best. Here's a pic from last year's show which I unfortunately also missed ...
Floral arrangements are designed to accompany the Chihuly glass sculpture  in the center.
Alas, I recognized there was no way I'd be able to sit through lectures of floral design, gardening, cooking and sugar artistry much less be among the throngs of visitors. Dang.

Sometimes one has to do what's best for others and oneself. My body just needed getting well time right here in the End of the Rainbow Valley... It sure is rough getting old and having to make a grownup decision.

2 comments:

  1. That was a very mature thing to do...it validates the level of your ill health. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Queen Jester for the affirmation and wishes.

      Delete