Wednesday, March 12, 2014

UFTA! Less than 6 Degrees?

It's time for another small world story. The names will not be changed because the story's difficult enough. Bear with me, it's a good one.

Here goes : 

When I worked in Milwaukee one of my teaching colleagues would talk about her son Dashi who had spent a year in Spain and was living in Atlanta.  Since my daughter had just moved to Atlanta also had lived in Spain, I decided the two should meet. And you know what?  They became the best of buds. So much so that when Dashi had a Norwegian friend, Elisa, whom he had worked with in Spain visiting, he introduced the two girls and they were fast friends. My daughter even visited Elisa in Norway when she was in Europe. 

Move forward a couple years... my phone rings and it's  daughter Lori and she's enjoying a glass of wine and some cheese with Norwegian visitors, Elisa and Elisa's boyfriend Joe.


Lori, Elisa and Joe via Skype
Lori had mentioned to her guests that her Mom lives in Wisconsin ( must have been Wisconsin cheese) and Joe says he has a relative that lived in La Crosse.  Seriously, of all places, La Crosse? What are the chances?  Then, he adds his Great Uncle, a pediatrician, had passed away but his Great Aunt still lives there...

UFTA, I am getting the picture. Lo and behold his Great Aunt is MY 88 yr old friend, Jean, who I usually see about every other week. No kidding.  Lori had even met Jean when she was home last so Lori knew Joe was referring to my friend Jean. OK, time to Skype so I could take a pic of Joe from the screen to show Jean. AND I had a photo of my folks taken with Jean in September to show Joe.


My folks and Jean(far right)
Joe exclaimed:" She hasn't changed a bit." 

Is this a small world or what?    Even less than 6 degrees of separation here in the End of the Rainbow Valley...


1 comment:

  1. That is remarkable - but then again, Jean's world seems to have its own orbit and is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete