Friday, December 13, 2013

FOTO FRIDAY

Wow already Foto Friday? 

Some weeks certainly seem to go very quickly.

I don't know about you but weather has been the main topic of conversation all week. Unusual sightings of snow no less were sent in last week from places like Arkansas and Texas.  We here in western Wisconsin have had highs of 0.  Not many places have been spared the frigid air except for Florida. Go ahead and gloat you snowbirds who managed to escape this cold.

It's this 'cold' that makes this week's FOTO FRIDAY pic from the End of the Rainbow Valley

The Tractor
WHY?  Natureman as you know finally got his 'dream' tractor named appropriately 'The Tractor' which he insisted would be the answer for hauling wood, grading the road and snow removal.  It did haul wood this summer and graded rain drenched road gulleys but how was this 1939 tractor going to perform in extreme and I mean extreme cold. He parked his Baby next to the garage reasoning that it would be super difficult to navigate it out of the old barn doors with snow in front of them. I could just envision 'The Tractor' being a permanent winter sculpture stuck in this house parking spot. I was not happy.

Well, we got our first substantial snow Sunday and Monday came with its minus temps and sure enough as promised Natureman bundled up to tackle chores. (Who knew he even had long underwear ?!)  The sound of a very 'weak' engine trying to start could be heard from my kitchen window washing spot. A good 10 minutes worth of trying. The man was going to freeze sitting out there on that metal seat. It was all I could do to keep from sticking my head out and saying 'I told you so.'  But hey, it was too cold to even lose house heat to open the door. Then there was quiet. Dead silence followed by the sound of the garage door opening and shutting and opening again. Natureman reappeared with  an orange extension cord in hand, plugging it into The Tractor's side. Before you knew it, she was recharged, purring and both were on their way.  

Hmm, it's not often I have to eat 'unsaid' words, oh me of little faith.

From the Middle East come the first pic...
 My high school buddy Karan sent this pic from Egypt...

Egyptian Streets sent by High School friend Karan who commented on 'sleet' today.For the first time in recent history, it has snowed in Cairo! With freezing temperatures across Egypt, New Cairo, Alexandria, and parts of the Sinai all witnessed snow fall this morning and yesterday. [Photo from Madinaty, New Cairo via @i3atf)

This come in from nephew Avi-Natan who's in Israel.

Friend Pinque from Colorado let me choose my favorite cold picture of hers this week which is not an easy task bc I like all of her daily photography... I feel cold when I look at this one, how bout you? And it's just the beginning of Winter.




Here's a link to last week's additions...
last FOTO FRIDAY

 Looking forward to see what the Net brings our blog way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still not sure how we post photos in the comment block???? But I have no snow photos to send you anyway....thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl the point is you don't have snow so post a pic. You sun lover you. On FB when you comment there's a camera icon on the right of the comment box. Click on the icon and download your pic. I will take it from there/ you could email it to me since you are just too blinded by the sun!

      Delete