Friday, August 2, 2013

Biting, Biting... Bitten.

When you live 5 miles from the Mississippi some days you just need to get out on the water. Thursday was one of those days, no threatening rain clouds overhead, low 80 degree temps and a perfect day to go canoeing. The water has really been too high this summer and even Natureman has only ventured out once in his kayak.

Today would be a bit different as we would have our fishing gear with us.  You see whenever we don't have our rods with us, the fish jump up next to the boat so we decided to fool them this time and be prepared to fish. While I was Jazzercising, Natureman dug some worms for our fishing bait.

You have to keep in mind that I was raised the daughter of a fisherman and have gone fishing since I was 4.  Everybody knows the early bird gets the worm (we did get the bait) but as far as our departure time, we were really getting a late start.  The water was also moving pretty fast...


How many dragonflies can you count?
My bobber seemed to be attracting more wildlife than my hook.

This outing I didn't get skunked as I caught 2 sunfish, the largest, smallest and only fish of the afternoon which were released and sent on their way. (In the South these are called  Bream, pronounced 'brim.')


It was a pleasant afternoon and you know who wants to go fishing again tomorrow to redeem himself AND we do have leftover bait.

You can't waste a dug worm/can you?

Natureman has been bit by the fishermen's bug.
As for me I will just appreciate the sunshine and those lovely blooming lilies ...

Aw, who cares if the fish are biting?

Nice weather with a breeze is always welcome in August.


2 comments:

  1. Great capture of the dragonflies on the bobber as they go bob bob bobbing along. I love the image of the water lily also - they are so majestic in their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete