Wednesday, February 8, 2023

STATE OF THE UNION VS YOU PEOPLE

 

I don't know about y'all but I just didn't want to get more depressed listening to President Biden speak about the State of the Union so I opted for Netflix's new release. 

" You People." with a star-studded cast including  Eddie Murphy and Jonah Hill.

 It had to be funnier, right?

 I am not a gambling soul but my choice definitely did have more laughs and I enjoyed the one-sided characters as well their racism.  What could possibly go wrong with a Muslim - Jewish relationship?Yep, some uncomfortable moments for sure. 

Family members knowingly and unknowingly threw obstacles to hamper the new couple. What else are friends and family for but to undermine love in the name of love? 

Listen, I had some much-needed good belly laughs and I really can't say this NetFlix-produced movie created a 'good' movie but I liked it as a spoof and each of us deserves to smile during such serious times.  If two people fall in love,  heck let's celebrate with them and have a Hallmark moment. It was just what the doctor ordered. SWAK...



No comments:

Post a Comment