Monday, March 8, 2021

MONDAY MUSINGS: PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW

 MONDAY MUSINGS has me musing about how those junior high (middle school) English Lit classes actually would find much more meaning in time. I knew there must be a reason we were reading  Shakespeare...

Natureman and I were just talking about the sadness one feels when couples don't last. Some of us were blessed with learning relationship failure in our youth and yes, I mean blessed because if we haven't had to learn about breakups, it makes them all the more difficult later in life. I had much more experience being there for my daughter with her boyfriend issues than my own limited high school relationships. I told her one survives and moves on... 

In the case of the Disney image of forever marriages we grew up with and even the marriage vow line "for better or 'worse' " the worse should be italicized. Some times couples become so toxic, it is best for them to go their separate ways. As Judge Judy reminds us (on numerous episodes I have watched during this COVID year) most marriages will result in divorce... I too became one of those statistics almost 20 years ago. And one does survive and life moves on...

So to my red headed friend who is moving on today, I wish you the best because even if "parting is such sweet sorrow," you will survive and life will go on... 

Appropriately named my puzzle of a tulip bouquet today for you and every woman a world of possibilities...

                           Happy International Women's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment