Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Losing One's Virginity...

I was a Mom who loved decorating for all the holidays especially Halloween. Some of my favorite memories are the kids dressing up and our annual Halloween party for families where there was bobbing for apples, theme food and of course, a pumpkin decorating contest with prizes for all.  So, it came as a great surprise to me when we received an invite to a Halloween Party this year and Natureman revealed to me he had never ever been to a Halloween party. Oh my... a Halloween virgin right here in the End of the Rainbow Valley!

Well, let me tell you, we got invited to celebrate with a household that goes whole hog for this holiday so much so that Natureman has been forever spoiled. Our hostess, spends all year with her girlfriend and co-hostess creating new decorations.  They truly outdid themselves. 
Skinny 

Greeting us as we drove up was Skinny sitting in his convertible. And he had a lot of interesting friends in all states on the property both outside and inside the transformed tobacco shed.



Uh oh another riding mower fatality
Tikki lights lit the path back to the graveyard where some of Skinny's buds were being rowdy.  


The fallow garden beds were now truly
a graveyard this all hallows eve...




Inside the shed that usually houses atvs, jet skis, boats,  etc... the converted party place was aglow with strings of twinkle lights illuminating the festive decorated large space in addition to the  the 40 some 'odd' costumed guests. Some alive, some not.


"Eegads," said the guy in front, "competition."
                  Yep, those are nesting boxes filled with skulls.
Numerous scenarios had different themes...

 pet area


                                                                                  
      
the laboratory

 the doll hangout  



                             

                                         
the Diva parlor 

and so much I can't remember ... You get the picture, these hosts put in a lot of effort.

There was even a zombie bartender at the wooden bar under which the Wicked Witch's legs protruded... 

One of the more popular congregation spots along with the keg, was the X-rated  Dahmer's Deli.
             You do remember Jeffrey Dahmer, right?




Did you know he lived in Wisconsin?
Yep, one of our state's claim to fame.

WARNING:Caution reading the food labels. 










Yeah, it was quite an evening and I haven't even mentioned all the clever costumes especially our host with his tool belt of anything a woman might need. 
 
The man thought of everything and I mean "everything."


 The one thing I personally didn't take into account was how I was going to go to the bathroom. I was so layered I don't think even the First Responder could have extricated me from my outfit. And once I saw the port o' potty, I knew there was no way.   Good thing we live only live a couple miles down the road. 
Wait, did the guys miss or were they aiming for the snakes?
Natureman had a good indoctrination to the adult version of Halloween. No matter what, you have to have a good sense of humor during Halloween and if Natureman had to lose his virginity, this was the right place to do it. 
                       How could one not leave in good 'spirits'? 







 

1 comment:

  1. That had to be the best Halloween party ever, he will be forever spoiled and none other could possibly live up to it. I'd forgotten about Jeffrey's home town...maybe it was just blocked out,

    ReplyDelete