Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Three Kleenex Day... Thanks to a SAINT, not Walker

Tuesday was a 3 Kleenex day and it wasn't due to the elections. I think, most of the nation and I felt defeated before people even voted...  

Everyone and I mean everyone was sick and tired of the ads and the exorbitant amount of monies being wasted in this campaign. Monies that could have gone to aid the public good, not feed the coffers of those who don't need it.


 The parking lot scene at our poll place was bleak with only my car there to vote at 7:30am. I was hoping for a line. When the pollster told me I was 21, I smiled as 21 was not only a good age but also close to my voting numbers in previous elections when I voted 'much' later in the day. In fact, by the time Natureman voted about three hours later he was # 90. Keep in mind our community only has 300 residents. Maybe folks would come out and vote this time in society's best interest...

Alas the country went Red and we all will see the results of what will happen to healthcare, immigration, education, taxation, pensions, the environment, wars, job growth, economy, etc... that were already in a downward spiral due to partisan roadblocks.

Natureman and I decided to 'escape' all this after we voted Tuesday by going to where else but the movies. There we found something unusual, a film with heart. It's a story about relationships. It's called "St. Vincent" starring Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy.

It's a good story about Vets, single moms, salaries, health care, bullying, immigration, parochial schooling, urban living, vices, morals and the good within all of us... You know, everything for which we were all supposed to consider when voting. 

The addage about not judging a book by its cover is finely depicted by these characters. One just can't tell by looking   what people's stories are. 

You need to treat yourself to seeing this flick. We laughed a lot and yep you just may want to have a kleenex or two handy... I needed three. I got it out of my system before the election results came in. As Tiny Tim would say, "G-d, bless us all."

Here's the trailer link. Bill Murray, we've missed you!
St Vincent

4 comments:

  1. So true, about the election and the movie. We thought it was great. So much better than the previews led us to believe.

    I'm hopeful for the next two years because I think the republicans will try to keep their crazies under wraps because their eye is on 2016. But we'll see. It will be interesting to see if McConnell can control Cruz. I'm guessing he can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should clarify, we thought the movie, St. Vincent, was great. Not the election results, though we, in MN, did our part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We felt sick when watching Walker win and with such big margins.

    Took your advice on St Vincent last Sunday while he was watching football and enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete