Monday, June 16, 2014

Vvrrrrrooom, Vrrrooooom...

We weren't the only people on the go this past weekend as there was a lot of traffic. I almost thought I was in Milwaukee during a Harley Davidson anniversary considering the thunderous motor-cycle noise and bike traffic.

Well, yeah the weather has been good riding weather but did every club in the state decide to have a road trip on I-35  heading north?

Parked hogs lined both sides of the Main drag in the small neighboring town of Stoddard as the riders patronized the Thirsty Turtle on this particular stop. I guess the overflow might have hit Rocky's too since they are across the street from each other.  The local motel had the "no vacancy" sign lit. Who was  having a party? What was going on?
Bikes lined both sides of the street and overflowed onto the little side streets
Here's a view in my side mirror. I was parked, ok?
See, I wasn't kidding as far as the eye could see- bikes. 

As I caught the chitchat on FB I realized biker clubs all over the state were arriving for Freedom Fest, a big concert event in honor of the Vets and those still serving. 

No wonder there were so many bikes.  As for the concert unfortunately, rainy weather interrupted Gary Sinise's opening and the down pour and storm predictions cancelled the main show with Huey Lewis. Bummer.

Drive safely biker dudes...  

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought to shoot an image from the side mirror - oh you clever girl!
    These storms have been wicked, George has been hiding more than he's out lately.

    ReplyDelete