Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Milestones...

I can't believe it. I reached a special milestone on my blog as yesterday was my 500th post. I thought, you know I should give myself a day off to celebrate... Nah, I should celebrate by maybe working towards mentioning something on my bucket list...

It has to do with shoes. Yep, those that know me well, know I like shoes and have way too many. (Remember Natureman calls me the Imelda Marcos of Chaseburg.)  But maybe what you don't realize is, I have curtailed my purchasing shoes since country living isn't really conducive to most styles. Since my move to the End of the Rainbow Valley when I see an interesting pair of shoes I admire,  I take their photograph whether they're in a store/being worn. Women are usually pretty flattered when I ask them if it's OK to take a pic of just their shoes/ sometimes I don't want to interrupt and I might sneak a pic.

Such was the case at the Artspire community gathering. If you can't get inspired there, where can you? Remember the song Blue Suede Shoes?  Well how can anyone not be singing that Elvis hit after seeing these blue babies?


With that tattoo, I'd even add, they're pretty 'unforgettable' too.


So here's the bucket list item. One day  I'd like to put together a book of the shoes I've captured. I'm sure it won't be a best seller but it might be fun for other shoe aficionados. If nothing else, it'd be fun to see all the shoe pics I've collected over the last decade... 


Beside you can never start too young appreciating colorful shoes. 

1 comment:

  1. That would make a lovely coffee table book...it's an interesting subject. I see shoes as a necessary evil to protect my feet and absolutely hate shopping for a new pair. However, the Texan in me is yearning for a pair of cowboy boots some day.

    ReplyDelete