Thursday, June 19, 2014

Deer Fly Magnet...

Recent severe thunderstorms preceded with cloudy skies and strong breezes gave me small windows of garden maintenance time. You see the June deer flies enjoy feasting on me when it's sunny and they're not having to fight airflow. 

If you haven't ever caught any of my entries regarding insects, here's the scoop: I am a deer fly magnet. They love me and although I also attract mosquitoes, believe me when I say the deer fly is ferocious and its bite is more painful. I don't think they have missed any of my body appendages. Just my luck End of the Rainbow Valley is a perfect breeding ground for these flying carnivorous beasts. 

Don't worry I have my insect repellant and gear to wear but it really takes the enjoyment out of being outside. And I hear them circling trying to find the unprotected areas... and I know they will. They get 3 bites before I am back inside the safety of the house where if they dare to enter are at my mercy.  See once inside I have my deer fly killer, the fly swatter (no license required) 

Anyhow I quickly shot some flower blooms before the storm destroyed all the new blooms. Enjoy, because the storms are not through causing havoc.



 As friends say as far as plants go I have Noah's Ark, at least one of everything.  If you 'd rather read more about those insects, here's a previous entry,  click on Bugged (June 12, 2012). 

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see the storm has not ruined all the flowers. I saw a lot of peony plants resting on the grass after that last big rain.

    ReplyDelete