Friday, February 28, 2014

FOTO FRIDAY: OOPSIES

It's been an icy week with a lot of different kinds of accidents so I'm calling this week's Foto Friday: Oopsies. Friends wiping out on ice. Some on foot, some in their vehicles. Ice can be very tricky. Some icy areas are more obvious than others. 

Our driveway hills for example look like someone turned on a hose and let it run while the temps plummeted. In fact, one morning I found the highway road that connects us to the next little town blocked by fire engines and was directed onto a small country road detour.  The fireman told me no one was hurt in the accident but the front end of the new big truck didn't look so good.  It couldn't be driven off, that's for sure. Any how I was not real excited by the detour as it would mean a less trafficked, icier road. I was told "to go slow." No kidding. I did go slowly along the curvy bumpy back roads and was glad to not meet anyone else along the way.  Clear sailing once I got to the main highway.

Anyhow upon my return, I checked out the accident's damage. The guard rail had prevented the truck from sliding right into Coon Creek. Thank heavens this guard rail did its job and no one was hurt. Some oopsies are bigger than others... 


Oopsie
Here's a huge oopsie Little Rock bud Kaye shared from KARK Channel 4. Freezing rain covered Little Rock like snow and 2 semis jackknifed leaving a big oopsie.

Another Arkansas caught sunrise of their ice storm day as he left home with 400 lbs of sand in his truck bed. WTG Mark!



Queen of the RV had a painful oopsie playing Pickle Ball in warmer Florida and did serious injury to her toe nail. Eegads that looks like ... never mind.  (warning: graphic image follows)


DO you have a photo of an oopsie you'd like to share? Send it my way and I'll add it.  Be safe. Winter's not over yet.

To see last week's additions click here :FOTO FRIDAY: S' NO EFFECTS

No comments:

Post a Comment