Friday, February 21, 2014

FOTO FRIDAY: SNOW EFFECTS

FOTO FRIDAY can be anything you'd like to share.  I am very enthralled with snow sliding off metal roofs. Our barn has a metal roof and sometimes you can hear a really loud noise as an entire snowy section cascades off. Add an unusual warm up and that motion can change like this week. 


Remember I posted the scalloped effect of my neighbor's snowy garage roof back in January? 

Well I just happened to pass at the right moment this week and look how the roof snow looked as I turned the bend.

By the time I returned later in the day and the temps had reached an unbelievable 42 degrees, it had all slipped off.  





FB friend Laurie posted this and humor might be our best tool to survive this winter.


Laura a friend from high school, an accomplished artist and photographer posted an"Anemone decacapelis," common name Wind Flower, blooming at present in Texas just a bit bigger than her  thumbnail. .We won't see color for another a good two months unless we go to a green house.


Pine Island

Cheryl's RV is still parked in Ft Myers but Cheryl and hubby have been giving their bikes a work out. This pic is from their Pine Island jaunt. Quite picturesque I'd say... 



As they used to say a definite Kodak moment... Send me some of yours. You know the drill, just attach it in an email/message on FB. 

Happy Friday!  I think we'll be stuck here in the End of the Rainbow Valley a while as that sleety snow rain yesterday made a sheet of ice on the drive. Yep, it's certainly a crazy winter. 

Last week's FOTO FRIDAY:Sweetheart Link



1 comment: