Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's the Small Unexpected Gifts... Ho, Ho, Ho

Today I was the beneficiary of a really nice surprise. After running a couple of afternoon errands, I ended up at the  Starbucks drive thru since a warm drink seemed like a really good idea. I still had some credit on a gift card and it actually would be just enough for a Chai tea... 

The person in front of me was taking a really long time. But hey I'm retired, I've got time. When I finally arrived at the window and tried to hand the barrista my card, he wouldn't accept it. He said, "the lady in front paid the bill." "Seriously?" I exclaimed with doubt. He nodded adding that the person in front of her had paid for her sizable bill so she paid for the next three customers. Wow. My lucky day a free cup of Chai...

Transition: lead in for my mug story. You know coffee place, mug/cup of coffee/chai... Bear with me.

Anyhow did you ever realize you have collections of stuff even when you weren't even consciously collecting. Well, every day when I open up the kitchen cabinet that holds the coffee mugs, they threaten to jump out due to limited space. It's just a matter of time. OK so I decided today's the day-  Time to free up some shelf space. 

One of the sources of these numerous mugs is due to my membership to the Milwaukee Museum of Art who gifts their members an annual mug. They are beautiful nice size mugs.

Do you recognize these Masters's works? 

Starting at the top Munter's "Portrait of a Young Woman," Eastman Johnson's "The Old Stage Coach," Toulousse Lautrec's "At the Moulin Rouge," Lichtenstein's "Crying Girl," Paul Klee's "Hot Blooded Girl" and Abbott Handerson Thayer's "An Angel".

These 'like new' mugs are not chipped nor cracked but they need a new home. So would any you know anyone that could use any of these? 

If so, let me know because they could be yours. Much more fun knowing to whose home they are going... 

Yea, one task checked off that End of the Rainbow Valley 'to do' list... Hey don't forget to pass it on.

* Update: all of the mugs have found a new home... :)



2 comments: