Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hare Today, Goon Tomorrow!

I suspect that you remember the story about Bunny Foo Foo... 'Little Bunny Foo Foo hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head , then down came the good fairy and then she said " Little Bunny Foo Foo I don't wanna see you scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head. I'll give you 3 chances and then I will turn you into a goon...' Little Bunny Foo Foo continued his bad behavior and the fairy stuck to her word. She did turn him into a goon and the moral of the story is : get ready "Hare today, goon tomorrow."   Little Bunny Foo Foo...
I too will be missing my 'hair' on March 10th ... Why?

Because now that the Pirates of the Chemotherapy play is behind me in which I was the 'only' one supposed to have hair, I need to get super busy to get contributors to help me out with raising at least a $1000 for St Baldrick's Day on March 9th when I will participate in donating my hair for Kids with Cancer...



There have been some protests  that I shouldn't have my head completely shaved but rather just cut short.... So this is what I am going to do. If you would be kind enough to donate to this cause for my so far 'one' woman team... Pirates of the Chemotherapy, and then let me know if your donation was a vote for shaving/ cutting my hair very short,  I will tally votes  to determine whether I will be completely bald/ have very short hair. No matter what, my locks will be donated to make wigs for Kids with Cancer.

You can leave your vote either on FB, email/ my blog. Remember one donation, one vote. You can mail me checks if you don't feel comfortable donating on line at the link below... JUST donate.

Here's the URL to make donations... Please help by donating for those who are too young to have a voice. Click on the below to go to my donation page.

My St Baldrick's Webpage for Pirates of the Chemotherapy

FYI I felt that Cancer patients don't get to decide if they lose all their hair or not...

Research that’s just for kids

"Children with cancer aren't just little adults fighting adult cancers. Childhood cancers are unique and require unique treatment and research, yet government and pharmaceutical funding for childhood cancer research is scarce. That's where St. Baldrick's steps in."
PLEASE not only help me make my goal but surpass it.

Once again the link for my team of Pirates of the Chemotherapy is:

Help me, help them...

Thanks ever so much, 
Karen





4 comments:

  1. I'm stunned. I can't imagine you without all that glorious curly hair! But I do admire your dedication to the cause and can't wait to see you however you appear when we have lunch on the 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made an anonymous donation and would vote for the very short look. That way you have a "head start" to your next donation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all who have donated. AND if you haven't yet, you can still visit the links!

    ReplyDelete