Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Disaster Strikes

Did you ever have a project that once you start it it has to get worse before it gets better? Well this scrapbooking project began in earnest a week ago.  Poor Natureman is all I can say. For the man likes the order of clear surfaces and my project took on a life of its own spreading from room to room.

It started out in the workroom.  "Honey," I declared " it's going to be a while until this room is workable." He asked, "Couldn't you start cleaning it up?"  The bins had been opened and purging and sorting had begun.  Why had I combined school papers, bills to be filed and scrapbooking stuff?  NO, let's not go there.
Then the bin's contents spread to the back guest bedroom.  OK self containment... BUT an email arrived with the possibility of an overnight visitor...  Eegads an evening was spent regaining the bedroom to its previous condition. Whew. The guest cancelled but I know it was the intervention of a higher power trying to salvage my relationship.

The endeavor spread to the living room coffee table and then the dining room table. But I had to regain some sort of organization, right? I needed ribbons and buttons which would mean more stuff being pulled out. The kitchen island all of a sudden was involved. All I can say is I bet I will have enough stories for this week's blog entries. Every time I finished a scrapbook page, I would clear off the stuff I had used. Natureman had trash for dump day. AND thank goodness for the snow fall which made me stay home.

OK now 17 pages later, I can start repacking. Stickers have been consolidated into one very full binder. There is walking space in the 'work room.' Today will be making sure the great room is back to being great... before I start on one more page.

I found a sticker that sums up really well  what makes all of this even possible to attempt...Thank goodness I have this project time in the End of the Rainbow Valley...



1 comment:

  1. It is so good to see that you are indeed human and capable of a major mess. And here I thought it was just me and everybody elses houses were always in such pristine condition.
    I have a similar situation here while I work on some quilting - not easy in a small space, it just takes a bit more planning.

    ReplyDelete