Saturday, May 26, 2012

MOVING...

Today was a bittersweet day as Natureman and I journeyed to the Twin Cities( MSP/ St Paul ) to bid my youngest brother Keith and his family farewell as they will be relocating to Dallas after the school year ends. Of course, we wish them well in their new environs but will miss their presence at their alternate years' attendance at our Thanksgiving table and of course Melanie, my sister-in- law’s cranberry chutney. :) We’ve been able to see 2 of my nephews, Noah and Elliott, grow into nice young men.

Elliott'll be heading off to U of Mo in the fall too. My how time flies. It’s been great for me to have some of my family nearby... The reality is most Americans don’t stay put in one place as a NPR program was stating. We move to where the jobs are and that’s just the way it is more so than any other country. I am part of those statistics myself as I moved for a spouse’s job to Charleston, SC, Denver, CO, El Paso. TX, Chicago, IL, Iowa City, IA, Little Rock, AR and Milwaukee, WI. My last move was outside of La Crosse, WI to Chaseburg still because of a guy, but not his job. This guy is attached to the land we call End of the Rainbow Valley and we’re not mooving any time soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment