Monday, January 4, 2016

SORRY, I CAN'T TALK NOW

How could anybody, I mean anybody telephone on Sunday evening, January 3rd? I mean, seriously? And I am not talking because the Packers were playing the Vikings. 

It was the much anticipated beginning episode of season 6 of the most popular mini series Downton Abbey, my standing date night with Natureman. I don't care if it was halftime for the Packer/Viking game, Natureman would just have to call the caller back.


For weeks Wisconsin Public TV has offered an intensive review of the previous 5 seasons and prepping for the show as it enters 1925. If one could not wait with the rest of its followers and already watched the British showing dates lucky you but the rest of us have been waiting with bated breath as we will learn the fate of all Downton Abbey's characters regardless of class and their beloved estate.

At a million dollars an episode they is a lot to observe preWWI all written by one author, an unheard of phenomena in a mini series placed in an amazing setting, rich dialogue with wonderful one liners and mini plots that develop its well costumed characters oozing with gender roles regardless of social standing.  

I will not reveal any spoilers in case you may have missed last night's showing.  One could 'google' those. I personally did the unconscionable, I dozed off.  For once Natureman didn't wake me asking if I was asleep. Can you believe it? Of all times. However long the catnap, I seemed to have caught everything according to my date's recap. Whew. 

BUT I will be one of those watching this episode again and it'll be worth it just to rewatch the highlight of the first episode Season 6, the sex talk and Carson turning a couple shades of red... 

Anyhow as a reminder, Downton Abbey starts at 8pm (C.S.T.) next Sunday night, so please don't call. Thanks. :)


1 comment:

  1. We just adore Downton Abbey, but had to watch the football game instead. We usually wait until the end of the season and catch up at the kids house using their Netflix or find the series at the library or purchase it. Our TV (just like the internet) is never reliable with our nomadic life.

    ReplyDelete