Thursday, January 7, 2016

ROAD TRIP WITH A QUEST

Well since I've been back in the midwest an entire week and as long as I am cold, I might as well head somewhere where it's usually a lot colder.  Where else but the Twin Cities? OK, you know I really wasn't going there for the weather.

This road trip was a quest for the perfect dress for the Mother of the Bride, yours truly. For those of you who have been the Mother of the Bride/Groom you know what this endeavor entails. This would not be easy as I didn't want the 'traditional' Mother of the Bride look. Imagine that.

Girlfriend JoEllen had offered for me to join her on one of her sojourns to the Cities as she knew the perfect place for me to start this dress search. And since we share common likes, I had the  "perfect" person to be with to go shopping.  BUT the search couldn't begin until we attended to 2 very important things.

First, a brief but important stop for my buddy to shower her 2 "perfect" grands  and daughter with some love before we headed over to the upscale mall in Edina called the Galleria.

Secondly, a stop to get some sustenance. A gal has to have something in her stomach to have energy for shopping and trying on clothes. So we enjoyed a "perfect" late lunch at the Good Earth when we both had a tasty homemade soup and 1/2 a sandwich. 

OK now we were ready to begin.

My partner in crime had found her M.O.B dress at a boutique called DUGO.  There definitely was a decent selection of formal attire and I actually found two long dress possibilities. One was definitely more me. Translated: more Bohemian and flowing than the other a very classy black number. The salesperson thought I should try on more classic possibilities. Boy, did she have me pegged wrong... 

Any'hoo' after trying on some 9 dresses, I was pooped. This wedding shopping is difficult business. I texted the two top choices to my daughter, The Bride, who vetoed both. I guess they weren't "perfect" for me in her eyes. Oh well.. C'est la vie. Guess I saved a lot of money today. 

For a first serious endeavor I don't feel I got skunked even if I wasn't going home with the "perfect" dress. Hey, I got to spend time with a friend and go on a road trip.  Besides I've got 4 months to find something to wear. Dang, only FOUR months! Wish me luck. I think this body is going to need it.

3 comments:

  1. I actually ordered the same dress 3 times in the same size -- and maybe once or twice in other sizes -- before I finally kept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you telling me that I am going to end up sticking with my first choice/ we have no clue what we want/both?

      Delete
  2. I hate this kind of shopping - absolutely wipes me out. I wish you good luck and thank goodness I'll not need to make this kind of excursion in my future. But a day out with a friend and a nice lunch is always fun.

    ReplyDelete