Thursday, November 12, 2015

MEN AND THEIR TOYS

You know I don't think I've mentioned our newest toy for Natureman and it's not that SMART TV which BTW we are still trying to figure out past the TV channels and DVD playing. The HUDTV 4K pixel is incredible. BUT if anyone knows how in the world to play an Amazon Primetime Movie and also have sound, please let us know!

Anyhow back to the new man toy, after one of my trips away I returned to news that 'someone' had purchased a new trailer for hauling. You see the End of the RainbowValley's eye sore, our lemon yellow cart's tires had had one too many flats. One of the tire lug nuts had broken off and the tire couldn't be removed/filled with that gunk to patch leaks from within any longer. 

"So where is this new purchase?" I asked.  I hadn't seen it parked next to the lemon cart on our last bend before arriving to the house. "Well, it's being made," Natureman replied. In disbelief I uttered, "Being made?" " Yeah, this guy actually custom builds the trailer and it will be delivered on the weekend." 

I don't know why I was imagining a long flat bed trailer like you see parked out in front of Farm and Fleet but on Sunday after delivery when I went out to view the newest man toy addition, I stared in disbelief. This is it. The metal trailer was solid but tiny. Natureman beamed with pride and who wants to challenge a man about size? But seriously, one could barely carry anything in this mini new trailer? Natureman assured me The Tractor (remember that's what he ended up naming the tractor) could only pull so much without issues.

Sure enough when I saw the size of the tree cookies hauled back to the woodpile, comprehension was mine. Hundreds of pounds of wood. Natureman has been 'playing' and I use that word loosely cutting up a huge red oak and elm. I have no clue how he lifts those cookies into the trailer but they have certainly increased our wood pile. 


If you venture out this way you probably will be greeted by the sound of wood being split. 



Natureman sure has his fall workout and his new toy to help him get the wood back to the house wood pile. This trailer will out live us both...

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when they get new toys. Like a kid in a candy store who's been told they can have anything they want. They grin from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just before we left we had a trailer made for us...wish we'd had it a long time ago so we could have enjoyed it instead of the old one that kept breaking down. Hope he has a great time with his new toy.

    ReplyDelete