Friday, November 6, 2015

FOTO FRIDAY: A NEW LOOK

FOTO FRIDAY's New Look has to do with an unplanned change I made in Little Rock's Park Plaza Mall where I had spent a lot of weekends during my teen years. It also has gone through quite a facelift since those years as the once two level dingy mall with a bowling alley on the lower level with Woolworth on one end and Blass department store on the other now have become Dillard's and the two levels are 3 with a glass atrium type ceiling letting in a lot of sunlight reflecting shiny store fronts.  While at Park Plaza earlier this week with high school buddy, Chris, I was handed a small packet of hair serum, you know the kind that calms the frizzies. The 'handee' beckoned me to have a seat at the nearby kiosk of a product called Evolution.

Evolution is a new fandangle flat iron with ceramic onyx plates which without much pressure flatten those curls. I can't tell you how badly I wanted straight hair as a teenager, to be like everybody else. Last Sunday in the Mall a small dream came true and within 15 minutes those stubborn curls disappeared and I felt what it was like to have long silky straight hair that didn't disappear within 10 minutes. 

I made the hairstylist follow me back to where my buddy Chris was getting her hair cut to see her speechless reaction and where she captured this moment of her friend of almost 50 years with straight hair... 

AND although I have had 100's of likes before on a FaceBook posting, never have I had 85 comments. This new hairdo definitely took on a life of its own.

OK, honestly this won't be a permanent look as I feel my identity is definitely my head of curls. It's nice to know I can have an alternative when the mood strikes me. Evolution might not be not evolving into a new person but the fact we sometimes evolve to realize we can be who we are even if different and that's OK.

So do you have a pic of a change? 'Would love to share it. Glasses, weight loss, wardrobe change. Send it my way.
Last week's FOTO FRIDAY was COMMUNITY ACTION.


3 comments:

  1. The straight hair is a fun different look, but I'm glad you identify and will keep those glorious curls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know there are continuing little opportunities to live out some of those teenage "wants" that we all had (have). Keep finding them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another item off that dwindling bucket list. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete