Tuesday, August 19, 2014

In Shock


Something happened this week that has not happened in about 12 years.  ALL, and I mean ALL of my flights both going and returning from Little Rock were… 
Are you ready?  On time. 

And get this, I flew through O’Hare.  In fact, the flight even arrived 15 minutes early to Little Rock and there wasn’t anybody available to operate the jet bridge. My return to La Crosse was also 10 minutes early. Holy moly.

I bet you too remember a time when airlines prided themselves on punctuality in addition to having your bag awaiting you.  And you weren’t charged for your baggage. There were airlines we would definitely avoid since their reputation lacked dependability. Nowadays that definitely is a thing of the past.  Sure they have punctuality standings but they are padded and many times  excessive taxiing alters actually gate arrival time.

Alas, I will always appreciate and remember this trip for its ease in delivering me to my destinations without stress. No running to make a connecting flight nor worry of having to wait for a delayed flight. I was even allowed to take an earlier flight without the usual fee charge.  Even if originally I was told that a change would incur a $75 charge, it turned out the fees had been waived for the day. 

The flight gods must have been with me. So I thank my lucky stars and will enjoy being home almost 3 hours early.  It sure is great to be back in the End of the Rainbow Valley

Home Sweet Home

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Home! What a unique experience - flights on time or early plus waived change fees. You are living right, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home safe and sound...and early to boot. It must be karma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And sweet home it is!!!

    ReplyDelete