Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blessed in So Many Ways...

Life can turn on a dime and mine changed from being a suburban housewife and mom to a rural empty nester 12 years ago.  Natureman has enabled me to have so many new people in my life. Those Coulee factions were well represented at last night's b-day celebration...


Some 20+ Jazzerbuddies were there...
Folks from my work days at UW-L and Viterbo, many of my Jazzerbuddies, the Happy Bookers, my spirituality buds (both Rosh Chodesh and synagogue), friends met through mutual friends, and of course people I met through Irv. All of these factions were able to mingle last night. 

AND how does an asportual non-beer drinker end up at a Packer Sports bar for her birthday?  I purchased raffle tickets as a donation to a Relay for Life benefit last summer and I won not one but two of the 18 possible raffle prizes. The phrase I never win anything now has been deleted from my sayings...  One prize was the 1/2 barrel beer party at Glory Days in La Crosse. Through word of mouth, Facebook and the internet we gathered to mark my new decade. 

I feel so blessed in so many ways... 

Here's to a new decade and many more happy celebrations from a gal so content with life with my Natureman in the End of the Rainbow Valley... 



4 comments:

  1. Well done, young woman! I've enlisted a neighbor and friend as a new Jazzerbuddy, and we just came home from class with the very pregnant Molley teaching. Patty has moved her classes to Legacy church on Menomonee Ave., immediately west of Advanced Healthcare (Falls Med.) and added Wednesday classes. Something else for you to look forward to next time in MKE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all who stopped in to celebrate and others who continue to wish me well! Everybody keeps asking me how many people were there. 84 is my count. The place was buzzing and there wasn't even a game on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete