Monday, January 7, 2013

To Skype or Not to Skype, That is the Question...





I have been getting a bit nervous regarding the need to practice lines for the upcoming play,  "Pirates of the Chemotherapy" to be performed in a month's time. ( Yep, I hope you have marked your calendars for February 8,9/10.)  Anyhow,  I certainly have a bucketload of lines and serious practices start this week.

Colored notecards according to scenes with prompts and Winnie's lines have been made as I have tried to systematically break down the memorization that lies ahead for my character.  Winnie's very independent and pretty dang cynical but for good reason as one finds out as the play progresses.

Fortunately as I checked  on FB (Facebook) this am,  I  discovered a message from another cast member asking if I'd like to Skype to practice our lines. What a perfect medium to accomplish this task!  Two hours flew by as we became better acquainted with the script and 'our' new persona.

There's no way it would have been as much fun nor productive via phone. Besides I wouldn't have been entertained by my friend's cat either as he decided that the call was obviously for him. He was hogging screen time/ do you think that I may have my first real fan?

Well, no matter what it certainly is obvious that technology connects us to the outside world even here in the back of the End of the Rainbow Valley sitting in the middle of nowhere...

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! I wouldn't have thought of Skype for this venue. I love our electronic life.

    ReplyDelete