Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Paper Emergency

There's one guarantee when this family has a get together and that's the consumption of paper goods.  For guys who have lived off the land and talked ad nauseam about conserving, there's obviously a flaw in the system...


What am I referring to?  Not only the consumption of but the 'waste' of paper products... Holy moly. One of the 'definites' on the shopping list before Thanksgiving arrives this week is to replenish Kleenex, paper towels and most importantly the toilet paper.

I don't know about you but as a child I was taught to use these sparingly. Was it school that made sure we just took one Kleenex?  When I use a Kleenex, it takes on more than one life, changing shapes and states many times. Can you relate?  I use a kleenex until it's so limp/ used, it's screaming to be thrown away. In fact sometimes I hate to admit it but it can be found months later in some pocket and then finally get tossed.  BUT these guys grab more than one at a time for that blow/runny nose barely putting a crinkle in the Kleenex and then toss it. I watch in shock.

And it's not different with those paper towels. I buy the more expensive absorbent but sturdy kind that can actually be rinsed out and finish a job.  The new rolls nowadays even have perforated sheets so that if it's a small job to be done, you can now take a quarter/ half a sheet.  I shudder as I watch 2-3 whole sheets removed to perform a tiny task / worse yet, blow a nose. OMG.

And then there's the TP, toilet paper.  It must be magical because it disappears. Rolls of it. Once again, sheets are ripped off to blow noses even when the Kleenex box is sitting right there, and we won't go into the quantity needed for its real purpose/ is it women just use less?  Is this a gender thing?

OK on top of resupplying these items,  I now have to worry if these paper products are Koch Brothers' as I do tend to look for sales and I certainly don't want the profits going into their pockets at least not from the End of the Rainbow Valley...

1 comment:

  1. I'm shocked! I would have thought these nature-types would be very sparing with the tissue products. Perhaps next time they visit you may want to supply the bathroom with an old Sears Roebuck catalog or some cornhusks...see what their reaction is to that!

    ReplyDelete