Monday, November 5, 2012

Original Sin in a Box...

Did you know that original sin is boxed?  Yep, if  you look carefully at this box, you will see a wooden stick protruding because it has speared an apple... but not just any apple ... a large Granny Smith and this one is dipped in caramel, Belgian dark chocolate and rolled in pecans. Uh huh, a 'turtle' apple.

It could be shared by 10 friends if a person was nice... and maybe that's where the sin part comes in but this particular one was going home to Natureman. Since he's probably not sharing, you could still  partake since Amy's Candy kitchen does ship.

You could say it's all my friend Sue's fault. After attending a meeting in St. Louis and badgering non- stop a Cedarburg resident she met about where her Amy's apple was, a surprise package was delivered to my friend's La Crosse's home. My mouth started watering after Sue posted about her newest best friend's gift.

When I lived in Milwaukee's Northshore I used to frequent the place where they create this decadence.
A half an hour north of Milwaukee's downtown lies the quaint town of Cedarburg infamous for this sweet shop with Amy's Gourmet Apples.  The shop is celebrating its 16th year and its contents change with the seasons.  They have won lots of acclaim in their existence as their gold seal attests.

' Their award winning caramel is hand made from premium quality natural ingredients as it contains no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils and tastes just like mom and grandma used to make.  Every batch contains NO trans fats, artificial colors, mono and diglycerides or shelf retaining preservatives .'
  

Saturday afternoon I joined a store packed with customers deciding what delicacy to purchase.  It wasn't easy but how could I make a decision out of the multitude of choices?
They were in the process of creating a Turkey Caramel apple for this month...









I had to place my purchase in the car's back seat out of reach so there wasn't a large bite missing by the time it made it  back to the End of the Rainbow Valley...

You can see why, can't you? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - that never would have survived in the car with me - I would have had a frenzied feeding and arrived home with goo all over my face.

    ReplyDelete